Saturday, November 20, 2010

reflections

My favorite tool is skype. I was just amazed that technology allows us to enter another classroom and share lessons. Science is such an active and ever changing topic, there is always more to leran. Whether it be to sky pe with-in our district or skype across stated, students will love to be actively engaged in learning. We plan to skype with another fifth grade class this year to teach a lesson. I thought the wiki was fun too. Great vocab experience

Technology is on a fast track. The students have been using computers since they were in kindergarten so it is imperative they we keep them engaged in a computer/technology rich classroom. It made me realize that computers can reach every level student: from ESL to the GT. There are so many resourceful applications on every subject at every level. The greatest thing is all of the information is totally up to date. Nothing is out dated like textbooks. Research shows students interest is best kept when they are acitively engaged in their learning. This gives them ownership in their learning.

There were not really any unexpected outcomes for me. There was a lot of information to learn . I am a visual hands-on learner so I will feel much more comfprtable when I can actually apply what i have learned. The photo shop was by far the most difficult for me. I am looking forward to this new learning curve. I am confident these 11 Tools can help me accomplish that. Very useful

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Great refelections! Glad that you have some tools you feel good about using in the classroom. I loved everything you had to say about Skype!